Book a Family Activity Day during Half Term for £30.00 per person.
Payment by BACS.
19th Bridge Abseil & Weaseling (5)
20th Bridge Abseil & Caving (5)
22nd Climbing & Caving (Matlock) (5)
23rd Fully Booked
25th Fully Booked
26th Bridge Abseil & Caving (5)
27th Climbing & Bridge Abseil (5)
29th Fully Booked
30th Fully Booked
31st Fully Booked.
NNAS SILVER AWARD
Participants will be confident with the basics of map reading as this course will take you further.
Teaching essential map/compass work to allow the walker to plan and follow walks in the countryside away from paths and tracks.
Course content and assessment will include:
- Consolidation of Bronze Award objectives.
- Breaking down each leg of a route into a rough section where handrail skills can be used and a fine section using features on route.
- The ability to identify a clear attack point at the start of each section.
- The ability to use check points on each section to ensure that the route is being followed accurately.
- Understanding of contour features on the map and on the ground.
- Navigational techniques: aiming off, attack points, collecting features.
- Choosing the most effective route between two points.
- Employ simple relocation techniques when lost.
- Pace counting and timing to be reinforced and practiced for increased accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic first aid
- Be able to make judgements about route choices taking into account personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Countryside code and current access legislation.
Location: Peak District
£75.00 per person
Meet at a location in the Peak District.
Minimum 4 participants on the 2 day course.
Please use the contact form for more information or to make a booking.