Hopefully getting back to some sort of normal.
Book a Family Activity Day during half term for £30.00 per person.
Payment by BACS.
19th Bridge Abseil & Weaseling (5)
20th Bridge Abseil & Caving (5)
22nd Climbing & Caving (Matlock) (5)
23rd Climbing & Bridge Abseil (5)
25th Bridge Abseil & Weaseling (5)
26th Bridge Abseil & Caving (5)
27th Climbing & Bridge Abseil (5)
29th Caving & Bridge Abseil (Matlock) (5)
30th Bridge Abseil & Weaseling (5)
31st Caving day. Explore 2 old mines. (5)
NNAS SILVER AWARD
Participants will be confident with the basics of map reading as this course will take you further.
Teaching essential map/compass work to allow the walker to plan and follow walks in the countryside away from paths and tracks.
Course content and assessment will include:
- Consolidation of Bronze Award objectives.
- Breaking down each leg of a route into a rough section where handrail skills can be used and a fine section using features on route.
- The ability to identify a clear attack point at the start of each section.
- The ability to use check points on each section to ensure that the route is being followed accurately.
- Understanding of contour features on the map and on the ground.
- Navigational techniques: aiming off, attack points, collecting features.
- Choosing the most effective route between two points.
- Employ simple relocation techniques when lost.
- Pace counting and timing to be reinforced and practiced for increased accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic first aid
- Be able to make judgements about route choices taking into account personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Countryside code and current access legislation.
Location: Peak District
£75.00 per person
Meet at a location in the Peak District.
Minimum 4 participants on the 2 day course.
Please use the contact form for more information or to make a booking.